Since the Branch Office of MSF Korea has started its activities in 2014, the recruitment process and the career management of Korean Field Human Resources (FHR) have been supported and centralised through MSF Japan. Following the Plan of Action 2017, MSF Korea will progressively implement and assume through a transfer of knowledge and responsibilities from MSF Japan the entire FHR activities with the aim to complete the transition by end of 2017.
Purpose of the position
The FHR coordinator will play a key and active role in setting up and implementing this essential and new pillar of activities in MSF Korea.
The main objectives of the position are, under the supervision of the FHR Director for Japan and Korea:
- Plan and manage the recruitment, placement and support of field staff, including administration and training, to meet the operational needs of MSF internationally
- Ensure that MSF Korea FHR internationally contributes to HR issues and discussions in the movement as an influential and respected member; attending and contributing to meetings and working groups
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set up the administrative tools related to FHR (contracting, salary)
- Manage insurance, compensation, benefits, legal issues and administration relating to MSF-Korea recruited field staff, according to the MSF International regulations for Field HR and in close collaboration with Support Services Department
- Actively contribute to the elaboration of the strategic plan for the recruitment of field staff and fully assume its implementation
- In collaboration with communication department create and implement an annual event plan of all recruitment activities – webinars, information session, recruitment marketing campaigns, and any other relevant events
- Network key professional associations and health institution in coordination with the external affairs advisor in order to identify new opportunities of recruitment
- Assume the integrality of recruitment process (review application, conduct interview and any other selection activities)
- Participate to the organisation and facilitation of the Welcome Days
PLACEMENT AND CAREER MANAGEMENT
- Monitor and report on the quantity and quality of field placements and the effectiveness in meeting field needs and plan for future needs
- Analyze information on placement, turnover, retention and field staff issues and develops and implements action to meet challenges and take advantage of opportunities
- Analyze trends in OCs in placement, retention and issues to determine action needed.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with the field staff in the pool to ensure their ongoing interest in MSF field work and to inform them of adequate opportunities
- Initiate, put in place and develop frequent contact with the relevant pool manager in the OCs to identify suitable field positions, access position related information and ensure timely follow up of propositions
- After placement to a specific field assignment, oversees that work permits, travel, lodging, vaccinations, and OC briefings are arranged
- Conduct FHR briefing and debriefing for field workers
- Provide career advice, feedback and coaching to active field workers based on performance evaluations
- Ensure that MSF-Korea field staff have access to international training programs conducted by OCs and other organizations
- Maintains regular contact with field staff between field assignments to promote retention and determine availability.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OCs AND OTHER SECTIONS
- Establish and enhance effective communications with FHR Departments of all OC and especially OCG, in order to collaborate on issues of common concern in the movement or that have a direct impact on the recruitment, placement and retention of MSF Korea field staff.
- Participate in international HR meetings, information exchange and visit OCs
- Participate to the elaboration of plan of action, budget and any relevant strategic document
- Develop in collaboration with Support Services Department MSF-Korea’s FHR policies, procedures and ensure their effective implementation
- Brief the field staff on the MSF association
- Undertake short field visits to meet a need in the field
- Undertake any other FHR related activities as may be required to run effectively FHR functions in MSF Korea
Qualifications & requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
• Commitment to MSF principles
• Proven positive Field experience (minimum 2 years) with MSF in senior position
• Educational background or work experience in HR
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, negotiation skills
• Able to work autonomously, to set up priorities / Driven by outcomes
• Experience in project management
• Strong time management and administration skills
• Excellent English language skills – written and spoken
• Effective computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Available to travel domestically and overseas
• Experience in MSF Head Office
• Working experience in Asia
• Fluency in written and spoken Korean is a plus
- Dynamic candidates with relevant qualifications who are interested to apply may submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to email@example.com
- Thank you for your interest. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application deadline is 2017. 01. 20.
Timeframe: Minimum 2 years commitment, Fulltime.